Council tax, which is based on the property is compulsory and has to be paid to local authorities. How much council tax you have to pay depends on your local council as they fix the amount to be paid. It is also dependent on the “band” assigned to your home, and the “band” is based on the value of your house. It is also checked if you are eligible for a reduced amount of tax.
The ways that can reduce Council Tax
- If you live alone, you can avail 25% discount regardless of your economic condition.
- If you live with students or carers or trainees or apprentice or someone below 18, Council tax is not calculated on them.
- If you look after somebody in a household as a carer for minimum 35 hours a week and with additional criteria, you are exempted from the Council Tax.
- If the value of your home has been decreased due to the adaptation of the house for disabled or for a nearby motorway, or the tax band applied to your house is wrong then you can apply for a lower band.
- You can make a request to pay your bill in 12 monthly installments rather than 10 installments to make the bill little less, or you can pay in a lump sum to avail some discount on the bill.
- If you fall under low-income or certain benefits that you can claim, then you may be eligible for claiming council tax arrears.
- You can apply for Discretionary Council Tax Support which is awarded when local council is convinced that your circumstances are so difficult to pay the tax or you have sudden emergency expenses. But in this case, you must be getting Council Tax Support already and have no other means to pay the tax, and you have contacted the council tax team for the same.
All you have to do is check from the above which one is applicable in your case and contact your local authority to know the eligibility criteria and how to apply.
- Eat Healthy, Live Healthy
Eating healthy is the single secret to weight loss. Eat as much as you can, but the condition is to eat healthily. Healthy food is what suits you and how much you require for your daily activities. The food is energetic and easily digestible and provides fuel to your body for work. Fish, yogurt, grain, and vegetable are all good for a fit body.
- Processed Food is no Good
Processed food is devoid of nutrients and fiber. It lacks the natural composition of food which is suitable for easy digestion. Moreover, to make you crave these foods again, the manufacturers add extra calories in form of carbs and fats which makes you fat. Abstaining from using processed food will show you how weight is reduced.
- Say Sorry to Sweets
Sweets are needed only in small quantity. Sweets are a mixture of carbohydrates and oil. They are heavy in calories. All extra sugar is stored in the body in form of fatty tissue, causing you to gain weight.
- Reduce Refined Carbs
Refined Carbs are deprived of nutritious agents and fibers. They are mostly absorbed in the blood and cause obesity. White flour, white rice, pasta and breakfast cereals are all Refined carbs.
- Add Fruit and Fibre in your Diet
A tested way of losing weight is eating food which is digested completely. Fruits are easily digested, consumed to produce energy and help to reduce weight. Papaya, oranges, strawberries and blueberries, all are good food. Among, fruits which are used to decrease weight is Garcinia Cambogia. I found Garcinia cambogia customer reviews here that say it is an amazing remedy for weight loss.
- Drink Water
Water helps in all metabolic reactions taking place in the body so drink more water if you want to burn your fat.
Exercise helps to utilize all body fuels to keep the muscles functioning. It increases the burning of calories and fats to make up energy for the exercising body. It is the fastest method to decrease weight.…